Effective : September 28, 2022
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- USE AND DISCLOSURE
- USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- CONTACT US
Drishti on Life Oy (DoLife or We) respects your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how We collect, use and disclose both personal and non-personal information from and about you as a user of our services (User or You). With the term “personal information” we refer to information with which you are directly identifiable.
responsible for any personal data You choose to make public in the Services.
DoLife adheres to the provisions of the Finnish Personal Data Act (“Henkilötietolaki”) and other such applicable laws and regulations pertaining to processing of Personal Information, as well as process Personal Information in compliance with good processing practice. Each and every one in our personnel processing this Personal Information is obliged to keep such information strictly confidential.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We and our service providers collect the following information from and about You:
Registration Information is the personal information You submit to register for a Service, for example, to create an account, post comments, receive a newsletter, or enter a contest or sweepstakes. Registration Information may include, for example, name, email address, gender, zip code and birthday. Generally speaking, We may
use and process this information for the purposes of creating Service and User accounts, facilitating transactions, using, maintaining, customizing and developing the Services, contacting Users, providing services, sending customer and marketing information to Users, enabling communication in the Services, conducting research and creating reports or user profiles.
Activity Information. When You access and interact with the Services, We may collect certain information about those visits and your activity and purchases and other User habits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware and other technical information. If You access the Services from a mobile or other device, We may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, and beacons) are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when You first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when You make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Services, such as pages you have visited, content You have viewed, search queries You have run and advertisements You have seen.
Third parties that support the Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing You to share content or tracking aggregate Services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. DoLife does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. Note that We shall never be liable for any third party’s collection or use of your information. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but You can change your settings to notify You when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies You may not have
access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Services.
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information We collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our affiliates or business partners.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
We use the information we collect from and about You to provide the Services and its various features to You, including: to measure and improve those Services and features; to improve your experience with both online and off-line Services by delivering content You will find relevant and interesting, including marketing messages; to allow You to comment on content, and participate in possible contests or rewards programs; to provide You with customer support and to respond to inquiries.
When the information collected from or about You does not identify You as a specific person (“non-personal information”), we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties.
We use the information we collect from and about You for these additional purposes:
- To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Services. We may make your information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage, develop or provide our Services. These service providers may not use personal information for any purpose other than the specific service they are providing to You and/or us.
- To contact You. We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to the Services. If You want to stop receiving promotional materials, You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that You may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Services or policies. If You have installed a mobile app and You wish to stop receiving push notifications, You can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- To share with business partners. We may share your information with business partners to permit them to send You marketing communications consistent with your preferences.
- To protect the rights of DoLife and others. There may be instances when We may disclose your information, including situations where DoLife has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect,
the safety, privacy, and security of users of the Services or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) comply with the law or legal process; or (v) respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If DoLife were to sell all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, We may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
Drishti uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, nobody can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
The register will be maintained in external service providers’ servers with appropriate safeguards, such as password protection, granting the access to the stored information only to persons working at DoLife or DoLife partners who are expressly authorized by us. The register is protected by appropriate industry standard, technical as well as hierarchical and organizational safety measures.
5. USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If You would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information You have previously provided directly to us, please contact us by following the instructions below.
In your request, please include your email address, name, home address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information in our possession You would like to access, change, update, or suppress. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us.
6. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Remember that even after You cancel your account, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, You have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
Sensitive Information. We kindly ask that You not send us, and You not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or membership and affiliation) on or through the Services or otherwise.
7. CONTACT US
Mail: Drishti on Life Oy, Vattuniemenkatu 9, 00210 Helsinki, Finland
Tel: +358 (0)50 4017988